Unlike most other plants, Chinese Bamboo is quite unique on its own. When the seed is initially planted, watered, and then nurtured during the growing season, it does not outwardly develop even just for an inch. Then, on the next growing season, the farmer must continue to irrigate, fertilize and care for the bamboo tree and yet nothing happens – it fails to sprout just the same.
As the seasons go in and out, the farmer has to continue caring for the bamboo for four consecutive years. What could really be discouraging is the farmer has nothing to show for all of his labor in caring and growing the tree. Four lonely years of hard work and caring and yet you have nothing!
….AND then on the fifth year, the farmer will realize something so amazing and incredible!
In the fifth year the Chinese bamboo tree seed at last grows and not just growing as we normally see with other plants. The bamboo tree shoots up to more than 80 feet all in just one growing season! Now, that is a very astonishing demonstration of the power of nature!
You might be thinking: Was the small tree inactive for four years and then just decided to grow on the fifth? I think the answer is quite clear. The little tree was actually developing itself underground by expanding its root system to make it tough enough to sustain its impending external growth in the fifth year and even beyond. Had the tree failed to build up a strong and able foundation beneath the surface, it would be impossible for it to keep on growing when it was time to sprout into the outside world.
So what is the lesson that we learn from this….
Every single day when I am out in my community I meet people and make connections. I develop both social and business relationships and it’s not because I’m doing anything fancy. It’s because I’ve made a commitment, connected with people in the community, involved in the Chamber of Commerce and in several networking groups. Yes it keeps me busy, but I’m getting to know people and am building relationships that I nurture by listening, sharing ideas and getting to know people.
When we begin growing anything, being patient is the key.
Imagine, if that Chinese Bamboo farmer dug up his little bamboo seeds each year just because he is curious or wants to make sure it was growing or what, he could effectively stopped the tree’s growth. There are times when patience is necessary for us to learn the big lessons that we can only learn over time, by taking a positive approach with each action.
The only way to succeed and achieve our goals is “nurture the bamboo” and develop a strong foundation. Be patient, be positive and be a good listener. Be willing to learn something new and most importantly, believe in yourself.
Remember it is a journey and not a race!
May 30, 2017
HAVING PATIENCE AND MAINTAINING CALM
Are you someone who has tried some tactics but failed miserably? Don’t worry. You may not always succeed at first. To get accomplish what you want, you need to put in the best of your efforts, have patience and maintain your calm if you really wish to achieve everything you want in life.
DON’T FEAR ANYTHING
- Remember that fear of rejection or punishment is the main reason behind a lot of people hesitating to ask what they actually want from their life. In fact, these people are afraid that maybe by being emotional, they will face humiliation. So, before making any request, take much time to tell yourself the importance of your request. By focusing on the positive side of the request, your initial fears will soon fade away.
BE CLEAR IN YOUR PRESENTATIONS
- Surely you cannot expect getting results if the people do not understand what you a looking to achieve in the first place. Be clear about what you want. If you have a written proposal, redraft your main points till the reasoning or logic is clear. If your proposal is verbal, practice or discuss it with some of your friends and be sure that it makes sense to them.
BE READY TO FULFILL YOUR WANTS
- It is very easy to just dream and wish to get everything, but it’s difficult to achieve the same. You may have spent a lot of years just daydreaming about being successful in your career but may have never done anything substantial to get that goal. Be ready to work towards achieving your goals. Have confidence in yourself and be prepared. Know what all you will have to do to achieve your goals and be prepared for it. You cannot just sit idle and wait for some miracle to happen. Get set go and work towards achieving what you want from life.
- Learn to say thank you whether you get something or not. Be direct when you say thank you to someone and follow up with a written note.
- You need to accept the fact that life doesn’t go how you wish it to be. So, never feel bad when your plans don’t get fulfilled. Take control of your life and rather than freaking out, try to roll with changes. With time, you will see that you will get there at some point or the other.
Using all these tips mentioned above and others, you will surely be able to achieve what you want in life. Just be determined.
AUGUST 3, 2017